Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What I served for Thanksgiving


I purchased this Engelheim 2009 last spring during a great sale at Incredible Wine.  I had been saving it for a special occasion.  Generally, I prefer to serve Gewurztraminer with turkey, but in general I like drinking Gewurztraminer so I found myself out.  This was a nice, crisp and apricot riesling, it was a crowd pleaser but was much too sweet for me, even at 13% which is considered very dry.  This wine with a little research appears to be a bit of a knock off.  Ingelheim is a village in the wine region Rheinhessen which is in Germany.  This particular town is know for very 'trocken' or dry wines due to the elevation.  This French Alp wine is really trying to imitate that style.  Unfortunately, no way to tell that on the shelf.   Here is the view of our delicious turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment